Brandon followed a ketogenic diet last year and lost 50 pounds. I started off on the diet, lost 21 pounds, and then fell off the wagon. A major problem for me (eating wise) is breakfast. I’ve never, ever made time for breakfast. I wake up, get dressed, race to my classroom, stand/teach all day, sometimes I eat lunch, I get home around 4:30 and then I–snack. Awful.
Because I have my summer off, I’ve decided to adopt a ketogenic diet and be consistent about what I eat for breakfast. My requirements for breakfast:
- easy to make
- eat on the go (a must for when school starts again)
- keto friendly
This frittata muffins recipe I found from Craig of ruled.me met every requirement. Craig has a 30-day keto meal plan that I plan to follow, and I suggest you donate and download ASAP! You can see Craig’s original recipe in his eBook, and my adapted version is below.
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cup of half ‘n half
- 1/2 cup of Jimmy Dean Sausage Crumbles (these sausage crumbles are a lifesaver)
- 1/3 cup of mozzarella cheese (I wanted to use up all of this cheese before opening a brand new bag of cheddar cheese.)
- 1/2 tsp of garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix eggs and half ‘n half in a bowl.
- Add the sausage crumbles, cheese, garlic salt, and pepper.
- After adding cupcake liners to a muffin tin, fill liners 3/4 of the way with mixture.
- Place in the oven for 18-20 minutes, or until muffins are puffy and browned.
- Remove muffins from the oven, and let them cool for two minutes.